PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2011, 04:06
M2dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well in that case you are obviously right I suppose and BA, BAe (as it was) and the CAA were all wrong as far as component 30 goes. And everything that I was told at Fairford was wrong too. I guess it goes to show I suppose that all these bodies can be wrong.
There were several semi-structural and 'heavy' system components that were robbed by BA (I removed some stuff myself in the mid 80's and early 90's), but the fact remains that there were massive system differences that could never be reconciled by simple 'mods'. The fact also remains that she was a 5100 variant aircraft and not a 5101/5102 variant (or a 100 series aircraft either) and was significantly D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T to the 'real' aircraft, the airliners. I was THERE and I SAW the differences myself enough times for goodness sake, and the fact remains she was NEVER an airliner and never had any real prospect of being one. (But as I said before, she was a wonderful TEST specimin and did some stirling work). Brooklands really has a lot to offer the visitor as an exhibit I suppose but if you want to see Concorde THE AIRLINER then you really need to go elsewhere. Manchester in the only place where you can now see an intact production series Concorde in the UK and as I said before is NOW lovingly cared for by some brilliant people.

Regards
Dude

Last edited by M2dude; 18th Apr 2011 at 07:05.