PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travel Air PNG
Thread: Travel Air PNG
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2011, 00:58
wrongwayaround

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some information that may interest you. I also would like some questions answered myself!

Here's what I know...
The FOM ("RW") who is setting up the operation is a very, very experienced fellow. He is a pre-89'er and has extensive experience not only in Fokker aircraft but all over the world. He's a realist. How TravelAir have sourced him, and convinced him to stay on and set up the operation is beyond me. They must be paying him alot of Kina! Rightly or wrongly, they have the correct person setting the joint up. In more recent times he'd been flying the F100 for Alliance in Brissy.

They have 4 F50's arriving some time soon. 1 is from KLM and the other 3 are from Malaysia Airlines.

The simulator sessions will be run in Kuala Lumper at Malaysia Airlines sim centre. Crew (including RW) have already been up there doing simulator sessions.

The 'money bags' is from Rabual and apparently has a bottomless wallet.

Routes initially with be covering POM, MADANG, BUKA, RABAUL

Captains will be sourced from ANG. They are, however, keen to find people with F50 C&T experience.

Capts Salary = AU$130, 000 and FO = AU$85, 000 with a 10% addition for C&T's

Expat contracts will be for 12 months, with negotiable tours. The initial commitment will be at least a 2 month tour.

Word has it they are quite keen to get into Lihir island.

Here's some questions I want answered:

What is the likelyhood of being able to extend your contract once it's up?

What is the likelyhood of them getting their AOC by june/july?

Why Madang?