PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2011, 23:56
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KPHL

You have missed not just Dan Buster’s point but also others that are already here, which doesn’t surprise me considering you are only 21 and have almost zero life experience. To base any life decision on your current circumstances only is quite frankly irresponsible and incredibly naive. This is a life changing decision requiring long term considerations. Too publically state that yes the new housing is still crap but it doesn’t affect me because I have extended family in Hong Kong is breathtakingly short sighted and shouldn’t go unchallenged. I will make this very clear to you and Fong3r who is just as wet behind the ears. Even local cadets that CX has been hiring for the last 22 years have on average lived with their families for no more than 3 years after joining CX. Everyone’s circumstances changes and local cadets aren’t any different. To base your decision without considering all the possible changes to your life’s circumstances will only end in tears. Considering that upgrades are potentially going to take 6+ years after completing your training in Adelaide because of change in crewing requirements expected later this year, you won’t have a licence that is recognisable and therefore easily transferable for at least 8-9years. That is a lifetime in an airline seniority system which you will have to start all over again if you decide to leave CX and start with another airline that may offer a better deal.

Lastly I will say it again. Every time a new cadet joins CX on these grossly inferior conditions of service, only puts further pressure on the conditions of service of existing CX pilots. You only have to look at the last 20 years to see that CX have done this before and are now doing it again.