PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Pilot assist college
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2001, 13:02
puma2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Beware of Pilot assist college

I like many other Wannabes have been researching the training schools and what we have to do and what they (the schools) offer. I saw the advert for pilot assist and liked what I read. I decided to call them and thats when it all went a little pear shaped. I was put through to the Student services director" and initially I was quite impressed with what he had to say, but them little inconsistancies started to creap in. When I questioned them he started to go all over the place. One area he told me I would need far more hours than I knew I needed, thats going to cost an extra £5-6000 (worried), but he did say that they could get me a CDL and a bank loan to cover it.
When I asked him about the flying he said they use Pan Am, but when I went to the seminar, they said EFT. When I again asked why they don't use EFT any more he launched into what was a total elimination of EFT (EFT you guys have certainly upset him). These are just a few points, but with all the other wrong info, I am now looking at Bristol (sorry pilot assist, you had your chance).
So, if you call them, make sure they tell you the truth. It may have been just a bad day but if he is telling this to all the people who call, then it is worrying.
I will say tho, I am tempted by their airline prep course and at the seminar the other staff were pretty switched on, including Lynn Clark