PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVR & RoS
Thread: PVR & RoS
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2011, 16:00
Lottery Winner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggus,

You have made a vlid point. Perhaps expectations are changing and certainly, I do believe the RAF is looking at providing more stability where possible and I also think this is generally a good thing but my point is that such stability is not an absolute right. The Service can, will and must be able to move its people when necessary. I hope LGAF gets his wish, or a nice posting of his choice, but he shouldn't expect it to happen because (and this is reponse to TOFO's post) ...

servicemen and woman are required to serve within the expectations of theirs terms of service.
I know that LGAF's ToS, QRs, or any other reference says 'Thou shalt join the RAF specifically to operate Nimrods and shall spend the rest of your days at RAF Kinloss'.

Terms of Service are as written down, not necessarily what people think they should be. ToS do not specify which station thou shalt serve at.

Gents, clearly opinion will remain divided over this issue. I do not disagree with much of the sentiment expressed. Perhaps some of it can be put down to the 'youth of today' and much more down to many a crass decision taken in the carpeted corridors of Whitehall. I do not know what the current manning numbers are or what they are likely to be. Perhaps LGAF could easily be released without pain to the Service, either now or in the future. I don't know. What I do know is that he does not appear to have the right to do so. I am not saying he should not or not be able to to if the Service need allows. I am saying he does not have the right. No matter what the opinions are of my fellow learned (much more learned than me no doubt) PRuNers are, LGAF does not have the right to leave the RAF if he is indeed subject to his TRoS.

Now, I'm off to see a man about a dog.