PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Europilot Selection Day
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2001, 15:05
skysoarer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggles, I do think you're being a little unfair - valid points through don't get me wrong; this scheme does have a price tag.

Here is an extract from a message I posted a few months back regarding EPST. For a scheme that involves such a large loan, I do think that they have made it as reasonable as can be. Ok the tests are a little steep but you'll prove to yourself that you can do it if you get through them - plus if you're serious about training people will pay hence those who have posted here and are going to the tests.

If you're going to self-fund, personally I'd rather go the extra mile and stick with a system that is pretty likely to get you a good job at the end of it. I know of one person I know well who self-funded independantly, and he had to wait a good while before he got a job simply because of bad luck! Of course there is the costs of keeping current in that time...

--------------------------

To summerise, I enclose part of a reply I received from the MD of EPST. It details "the four (4) basic outcomes which can result of this scheme:
1. Student is successful with the BA's SSP selection after the training and go to BA.
2. Student is not selected or recommended for BA and is successful with the ATP Scheme and is placed via CTC.

3. Student fails during training and the cost is covered by contingency fund.

4. Student has not failed but has no job either by BA or ATP Scheme two years after completion and the contingency fund will pay also.

So what is the risk?"

The only one I see is if you fail the course due to Grosse Misconduct, in which case the contingency fund does not cover you. I'd still rather have a degree on my back through...

---------------------------

Please do a search for keyword "skysoarer" and you'll find various posts including the first EPST thread called "Self funding? Take a look..." . Give them a once over and you'll know most things about EPST.

Best regards

Graeme Scott
[email protected]