PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa Flight Time Limitations Changes
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2011, 11:38
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree about the DFO comment. It was somewhat tongue in cheek, but that behaviour is not what it is supposed to be. They are obliged to be responsible in and for their actions to all relevant parties, not just the share holders. As for the punters; the same was true for the long distance bus passengers to Greece and Turkey many years ago. They soon woke up when busses started getting airborne over road-side cliffs. Things changed, as much has on the railways and ships, after the smoking hole. Things change in our world too, after a smoking hole, but sadly it always has to be a proven technical, procedural, design fault for it to be rectified. Usually someone comes up with a quick fix and later a permanent one. They still claim 75% of prangs are human caused. The solution has been to design us out of the loop with double & triple back-ups. As reliability improves and airfields become more like mini major hubs with Cat 1 at the very least, mostly radar telling you what/ when and where to do this & that, the perceived role of the sharp end chaps has been diminished. We've allowed that and now the joke is wearing thin. These proposals show that; made all the more shocking by the apparent disregard of all the research, opinions & experience of the past 25 years. One thing is always certain, those who ignore history will really screw up the future. It is about to start.