PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silhouette challenge
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2011, 20:01
SincoTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oooops!!!

It looks like we might have a log-jam here!!

I dived in for a quick look for the first time today and just before I had to leave for an employees leaving party; I saw RR's post "I'm afraid that I will need to go soon so it will be "adios"!" and thought it to to mean he was not going to be able to play anymore and in my haste I thought it was teusje's challenge and addressed my answer to him ! I'd already logged off and was about to go when found the challenge image showing that it was a CASA ATX, so I hastily logged back on and saw what I thought was a parting comment from RR about my Mako answer, and as his light was still on, I posted my comment above, saying that I didn't think they were the same aircraft (as the Mako was a decade later) and thought that he had correctly identified the challenge, logged off and left for the party.

Home now and just had a look to see what's happening, and now I realise that it was Ton, who had left RR's challenge, and that RR hadn't been commenting at all, but seemingly assumed I had used an alternative name for his aircraft and awarded me the thread, despite the fact that I had requested an OH (but not addressed to him )!!

As RR revealed the Answer to his challenge when he answered my first post, and my new post at 16:46 would have been correct and before any others, if I hadn't thought RR had beaten me to it !! I will accept his judgement and declare the Open House I originally requestd, because I'm still struggling with a very poor connection and there's no hope of uploading an image at the moment.

Therefore it's Open House

Edited to say; thanks Brian, that's the image I had found before I saw RR's answer to my Mako guess (I just tried to post it, but couldn't get onto photbucket due to my connection). I hope you're not too confused by my explanation, (and can take the OH too)!!

Last edited by SincoTC; 15th Apr 2011 at 20:15. Reason: Posted my explanation and saw evanb's post