PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2011, 19:47
MPN11

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts
Betty girl

I don't think any of us can assume we know the relationship between WW and KW, or how he/they will continue to play this match.

I would draw a different analogy ...
WW opened the batting for BA, and played a fine defensive game whilst putting up a creditable score against the opposition.
KW came in as Number 3 to score the runs and win the match.
[I have no idea who was Number 2 ]

The scenario has changed constantly over the last 2 years. BASSA's apparent strength overturned by VCC, the ludicrous legal scenarios on balloting ... and indeed overall legality, which still continues.

The fact that there has been a change of CEO should not, IMO, be seen as a different scenario for CC. There is just a different CEO, with exactly the same objectives as WW, but with a significantly different game to play.

Unite now needs BASSA like a boil on the bum. Their antics could cost the Union £Ms if they don't get it right, and the entire legality of the 'continuation dispute' is as yet un-tested in the Court. DH's credibility/sanity has been exposed too often [and I have every belief that both sides of the dispute have staff reading this and other Forums]. The entire probity of BASSA's operations is questioned.

That is the situation KW now faces - a completely different one to that originally facing WW, when keeping BA flying was the prime concern. Now, thanks to WW's initiatives, KW can look towards keeping BA flying as an economic entity in the long term.

Where the CC fit into all that is, of course, entirely down to their personal circumstances, political persuasion and long [or short] term aspirations. Or, of course, they could leave ... and let the SLF and BA fly in peace.