PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Day in the life of an Instructor v Day in the life of a charter pilot
Old 15th Apr 2011, 19:31
Digaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to be an instructor because you want to get something out of teaching people how to fly and you think you will like that type of work, including potentially watching 50 circuits a day from the rhs then go for it.

If it is purely a hours building and a 'i want to stay in a capital city' exercise then i suggest you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Charter can have its boring bits/moments but it is extremely character building.

How many pilots regret going up north or out bush as opposed to instructing? VERY FEW
How many instructors regret not doing ga in the outback? A LOT

At the end of the day it is your choice, you have to be happy with what ever you are doing. You will also find that as your career progresses your desire to pump out hours will slowly get replaced by your desire to have a good work / life balance.......and if you do get to experience it, you will make a sh*t load of mates and friends, and have some of the best times of your life doing ga as opposed to instructing.

And to whoever said that you wont get a job on a chieftain with 200 hours, yes that would be extremely unlikely but has happened to two mates of mine....came down to hard work, luck and who they knew......

GOOD LUCK