PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decision to axe Harrier is "bonkers".
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2011, 19:04
BrakingStop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hula Hoop

Well said herbie5000 - hopefully that will shut a few people up!

just another jockey, I don't think anyone is doubting your Tornado credentials - more the "hoop" that comes out of peoples' keyboards relating to aircraft that those people have no experience of, and being on the same det or reading Jane's All The World's Aircraft does not count as experience.

GR4 mates should be careful of thinking that they won in the SDSR. I'm sure that they all breathed a massive sigh of relief when the announcement was made. Were it not for the fact that the PM stepped in at the last minute to reduce the amount of savings that the MOD had to make, then the "result" would more than likely have been very different. And if the Harrier had survived to the Tornado's demise, I can pretty much guarantee that you would not have found Harrier mates on here slagging off the GR4 or trying to defend why the Harrier survived. Capability didn't come into it - it was so obviously a numbers game, especially after IV(AC) was disbanded, although it more recently appears that they got their numbers wrong. Fortunately though, this time round, Libya appears to have saved the MOD from even more painful cuts in PR11 and publicly the GR4s and Typhoons are currently doing a great job together - well done! I only wish I was there as well.

The argument is over because the King is dead. Long live the King.