PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 15th Apr 2011, 10:39
Mad As A Mad Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't give a **** what it might do to the price of NATS shares. What I do give a **** about is protecting my income & terms and conditions until retirement and also protecting my pension that I have been diligently contributing to EVERY month since I started working for the company.

I don't want this to end up in a dispute, but if that's what it takes to reverse the despicable way we have been manipulated & lied to over the last few years then so be it.

5% unconditional pay rise is the very least we deserve just to try to reverse the effects of inflation. Without this it is clear that management have no real interest in maintaining a co-operative, motivated workforce.

We have delivered massive efficiencies over recent years. So much so that we rarely work anything less than our rostered hours. 2 hours on, half an hour off is the norm. Positions are frequently unmanned regardless of traffic demand as staff numbers have been reduced to the point where there is virtually no spare capacity at all. There are so few ATSAs that it is virtually impossible to cover absences which means that ATCOs can & do get left totally unsupported for a whole shift. Ask yourself, what have we seen in return for these efficiencies? Management scare stories about how the world was about to end if we didn't accept their brilliant plan to change the pension scheme that would cost them less and reduce our potential benefits. A 2 year pay deal where they did us such a huge favour based again on doom & gloom fairy stories about how we were facing a significant period of negative inflation. Well that didn't happen either did it?

And now they want me to do the met as well as AIR/GMC combined in LVP's?

Bugger off!

5% unconditional, then and only then we can start talking sensibly about anything else you want us to do.