PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2002, 09:23
Charizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ermmmm,

16 x RJ jobs out of BA? What about:

1. The current BA pilots taking BACE jobs with us?

2. The recruiting going on this year for BA?

Someone mentioned earlier you were trying to negotiate now for all FUTURE pilots, not just current ones. Seems he was right, because no net jobs are currently being removed from BA mainline, they are just being transferred to a different type or base, and those who don't want to move base don't have to, and don't effectively take any remuneration cut.
Hence, there ARE no BA jobs actually going. If there were, I could sympathise, and you would be within your rights to object to what would be effectively constructive dismissal.
You are also being disingenuous - at least BACE are only talking about its current, PART MAINLINE workforce, whereas you have apparently set yourselves up as representing the future of all BA flightdeck crew for ever. I wonder how many of you would sacrifice anything for an as yet unemployed cadet?
It seems OK to you to have some of your mainline people seconded to us, but RETAINING their mainline seniority and privileges, to be sucked back when you feel like it. Perhaps our BALPA should refuse to sanction helping mainline pilots out any more? Would the current BA guys with BACE prefer to hang on to their BA seniority with us, or lose it because BACC insist on having it all their way, thus provoking BACE CC to retakiate in kind? Perhaps our CC should refuse to countenance providing paid flying employment for BA mainline pilots who would otherwise be on the dole, or maybe cabin crew?

Exeng - I take your point. Strange though, that all these people couldn't be bothered to cast a straw vote.