PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - responsible journalism
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2002, 07:57
formationfoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ian S
No-one in paricular in mind to work out the link but well done.

I thought the general principle with internal whistle blowing is that the whistle blower is afforded a degree of anonymity. Aerohack - in drawing attention to my identity you reduce the chance that I will continue to draw attention to things which I believe to be wrong whilst hiding behind your own anonymity. Shame.

My comments on this site remain my private comments and not those of my employer - my original post on this is a clear demonstration that this is the case.

I have no 'internal' knowledge of the details of this story but remain concerned about stories in the media which damage the reputation of the activity which I am so immersed in and to which I dedicate so much of my time.

No agenda other than that implied in the previous paragraph.

Is this an embarrasment for PILOT magazine?. Some might suggest that it can't help its reputation. I am in a difficult position to do anything other than draw attention to the facts I have spotted from public sources. Ian Seager, as publisher of one of the competing titles also points to the facts and allows others to take a view. Responsible Publisher!

IF the reported facts in the newspaper story are true I would still like to know the identity of the pilot and the organisation from whom the aircraft was hired. Thedre are two issues here. Firstly irresponsible scare mongering journalism (my personal view). Secondly (if the 750 ft is true) an organisation or individual in our industry has carried out an illegal act and in so doing has contributed to damaging the reputation of our activity. This is the long term might also have a damaging impact on their own business.