PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - body weight and instructing
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2002, 05:43
radar o'reilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy body weight and instructing

gidday folks.

I recently began investigating doing a F.I.R. and I have found a bit of a stumbling block due to my weight.

While discussing how my rating would be conducted, the C.F.I. said to me that most of my rating would be done in a C172 as I was too heavy to be trained in a C152.

This got me thinking, if I can't be trained in a C152, how am I going to go getting a job training others in a C152 or similar. I rang the mentioned C.F.I. and he was good enough to be straight with me and said he believed I would have a lot of trouble getting work. At least he didn't lie to get my money, I am thankful for that.

So let's hear some opinions / advice. I have the money to do the rating and I am keen as mustard to do it. Naturally I don't want to fork out 10G for the rating to find I can't get work. I am self funded for all my training and it took me a long time to get the cash...!!

I am 27 and in Austalia. I am 98kg. I was alot bigger for alot of years and have plateau'd about there after stripping back after giving up playing football. Unless I cut off a limb, I don't see myself being able to lose a heap more weight.

I have been looking for flying work for about 2 years and worked and saved the money needed for the rating. I hoped it would be my break into the industry. I really want to fly...!!!

thanks all.

Radar.