PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2002, 02:22
Flat Side Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTT,
Yes I have a very clear recollection what McCarthy said both for public consumption and when at an AFAP meeting when he stated that the 29.47% pay increase would be without any change in work conditions or productivity. Another gentleman previously mentioned that broad banding and other features of the new contracts had been rejected out of hand by the AFAP before the dispute. Yet later on the AFAP, too late, released their pilots to accept the new contracts.

In 1966 Dick Holt faced the situation where the then Air Pilots Association and the companies were diametrically opposed. He had enough sense to look seriously at the bid system proposed by the companies and was able to fit it to his purpose successfully.

You chaps always sink to personal denigration in response and it destroys your credibility. You deny the truth about pay rates, reserves etc even when it is clearly shown that you are wrong.
Rather than being defensive I seek to ensure that your untruths are exposed. I don't give a damn who I "bump into" and treat them as I find them. Have never had a problem. You need to take ownership of your own problems.

We are all agreed that both sides acted reprehensibly especially Hawke and Abeles but we all knew about them long before the dispute and YOU along with the rest of us worked from 1979 to 1989 without moralising about it.

THe AFAP lied to and misled it's members, for instance, about the arrival of pilots from overseas. What other lies were there. From the odd slip of the tongue here and there they lied about other matters before and during the dispute.

Last edited by Flat Side Up; 21st Sep 2002 at 11:10.