PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 135 crash in Austria
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2011, 01:08
Svenestron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Still only "hearsay" but I have translated to the "best of my patience"..

Vierter und letzter Toter aus Tiroler Achensee geborgen - Helikopter-Absturz - Österreich - krone.at

4'th paragraph from the end:
'Anwohnerin Angelika Maurer bekam den Absturz rund eine Stunde später auf dem Balkon ihres Hauses in Achenkirch hautnah mit: "Der Hubschrauber kam schon im Tiefflug und mit hoher Geschwindigkeit daher. Am Seeufer steht eine Baumgruppe. Diese hat er berührt, danach schlug er mit voller Wucht auf der Wasseroberfläche auf und sank in Sekunden." '

A neighbor, Angelika Maurer, witnessed the accident “up close”.. loose translation ~ “The helicopter came in low and fast. There is a group of trees at the shoreline. It [the helicopter] touched these and went on to hit the water with force, sinking within seconds.

so there is one eyewitness claiming FOD..
As always, this is an eyewitness most likely NOT familiar with the world of helicopters.
This statement does not mean the A/C actually contacted any foreign object.. if it did, that does not say if the contact was caused by a previous distress or if the possible contact caused any distress..
(surely, FOD will not help ANY situation)

I have yet to see any evidence of FOD. Still I do not know if the Austrian police is looking for evidence of an FOD..

Just wanted to ad to the picture..