PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should CASA ask RAAus about this registration?
Old 15th Apr 2011, 00:46
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The formulae was based on the BEW and in essence was used to determine if you were going to break the rules. Chances are and history has shown if there is a limit to pax weight, that the pilot will end up adding baggage and a heavier passenger. I guess trading off a third or fourth passenger for fuel in a Warrior or similar is a different scenario versus 2 pob. I'll have to drag it up. I see the RV is advertised as "RA" rego, so I wonder if the aircraft is now in limbo, rego wise. Either way it is a positive start to some reform and maybe they have been listening to comments on here which are often reflective of the wider population.

On a complete side note, has anyone seen the new Carbon Cubs that are benig brought in from Canada? 180HP Lycoming, 600kg's LSA, RA-Aus/GA rego, climb at 2,500fpm, takeoff in 20 metres, cruise up to 90'ish knots. Would be a nice toy but I don't think I could afford to feed its' fuel habbit for the speed it's doing.