PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2002, 11:33
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Get over it, PV, I don't waste my energy running on "confusion and hatred". I don't HATE the scabs, I merely have a contempt for them both professionally and as (temporary) life-sustaining mammals. As with any group of living organisms, not all "make the grade" and as such need to be culled from the rest so as not to pass on their undesirable characteristics.
That is the light in which I see scab pilots in professional aviation.

So let's wait until early November and see what happens.

You really can't accept the no reserve bit can you?
No, I really can't! You must be doing more than just vaulting with your pole if you honestly believe that a major airline can exist without having crews available to call upon when things go p.s.
But then again, Ansett DOESN'T exist - does it!

Just because in your days with AN no one allowed themselves to be available on G days or days off means that others were as pig headed as your lot.
From what I have read here on PPRuNe, the post '89 AN pilots didn't have to make themselves available on their "golliwog days" nor their days off, either. But by the same token, pre dispute, had someone been called out and had had a beer (or 3, as was the case with the "returnee" at the bbq, I hear) he would have been responsible enough to have advised crewing of the case, rather than have flown ILLEGALLY.

There used to be G days and days off in the blocks that you flew too but just imagine trying to get you to work
Yes I CAN imagine it, because it happened REGULARLY (flying on "G" days). Grey days were precisely that - they were days that were not "Off" and were available for the company to utilise if they wished.

"Beer and cornflakes for breakfast" Slightly emotive there aren't we PV

I can actually remember a certain FO who tried to do his reserve duty from a location in NSW well outside the 120 min call out time without informing his employer. Got away with it until one day when he was needed in a hurry. Amazing what you could get away with in the days when the company was operated with a gun held at its head by the AFAP. Wonder what would happen if the same person tried that with their present employer without the AFAP to keep their job?
I also knew of a couple of pilots (in Brisbane) - one was the Qld agent for Robinson helicopters, and later a Noosa restrauteur...this guy used to bid reserve and then trip off to the USA to pickup spares, and would call crewing from the States (but told them he was at home in Oz) asking if there was any requirement for him to stand reserve the following day, and could he be released. This same guy tried to "smuggle" a mate of his onboard an F27 by hiding him in the rear toilet , only to be discovered by an F/A.

The second was sent to BNE after having his job saved by the Feds, during a basing in CNS. Because of his "juniority" he was assigned Reserve most months - or he bid it - so that he could fly Navajos on G.A. charter work out of Archerfield...naturally without the permission or knowledge of Ansett. He's better known to all as "Storm Boy" (and "Captain America")

And so where did these IRRESPONSIBLES end up?
As SCABS.
And early ones at that!

FSU, you boys REALLY need to talk with each other a little more.
3 Holer states in a couple of posts before your's;
"I recall Brian McCarthy early in the 9 to 5 campaign stating to a journalist "We (AFAP) wish to negotiate with the Companies. We are prepared for some productivity trade offs under our present awards..."
but you contradict him with the "scabs' version", by writing,
"It was ALL about money but the AFAP did not want to address Productivity improvements. "

Part of the ambit log of claims served on the companies included a salary increase, however as YOU are well aware the SOLE REASON for the dispute was the refusal of the companies to allow the pilots to be represented by the AFAP.

The Dispute was ONLY about money in the minds of the SCABS - because THAT (and the rapid promotion) was the reason they were eager to sell themselves and their (lack of) principles to the highest bidder.
And being solely money-oriented (as is CitizenXX) that is the shallow depth to which you (and the other 22%) are limited in NOT understanding what was a MORAL issue that challenged the fibre of each and every person involved - not only the pilots!