PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leuchars Airshow
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2002, 17:18
eng1170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leuchars Airshow

Just a note of thanks to all for a great day - the best bit's were Dutch F16 (awesome as ever - an outside max rate turn!), RN SHAR's (a must for next year), GR4 (lighting up reheat on T/O) and the one that is stuck in my mind for a long time to come, seeing the F3 disappear behind the old QRA sheds with a cloud of vapour streaming from the upper surfaces as he wound it up to 600k's at 100ft for the (very) final pass!! Always the highlight of my day - esp. for the look of terror on most folks faces coz they think it's all over.

Control of the traffic on the way out was first class - thanks to all the lad's and lass's for a great effort (I heard some impatient driver's comments whilst walking back to the car and they weren't the most complimentary) you seem to get better at this every year.

I am hangar bound putting civvy jets (planes, u guy's n girl's have "jets") back together during my week and don't see real jets very often hence the "excitement" at what for you must be a routine day at work with alot more people present. You could always increase the no. of fly-by's through EGPF to keep us awake!! We'll grade them on noise, altitude and whether or not the 'burners are lit!!!

Cheer's for great day out - Eng

P.s - Was the Hawk that took off and did a cloud base report in the morning, before leaving, a little bit off centre of display line?