PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2002, 14:51
Tinytim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airrage, Bluffy (Our forum moderator) has confirmed who I am and, like it or not, I am as entitled to my opinions as you are to your own.
Abuse me if you will, but that makes your arguments no stronger.

Unfortunately for those of your view, my opinions, however unpalatable to you and some of your colleagues, are entirely representative of the way many - if not the majority - think in BACX. (You might be very surprised and not a little worried if you knew who I actualy was.) At the end of the day our people will have a vote on whether or not to sign a Scope agreement and they need wooing not shouting at.

Your CC has now upped the anti by rejecting a reasoned proposal to get our (otherwise redundant) guys flying the RJ on secondment to you and is saying "Unless by the end of November you make substantial progress to signing a Scope agreement by the end of the year then you can forget any CX pilot flying any RJ.ever"

Id say that attitude has now blown the chances of an accomodation on Scope out of the water. BACC are acting like total demagogs, calling the shots and telling us what and when we are to agree something that many are not particularly interested in anyway.

The attitudes I project are as a result of the provocation by yourself and others which is ensuring that we do not have a future together.

Further, Balpa stands to be massively damaged since, largely as a result of its manipulation by your colleagues, it is not seen as impartial by many of our members who will vote with their feet if it does not take control of the situation and stop your CCs bully-boy tactics dead.