PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Financial assistance for AN staff.
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2002, 03:07
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the issues that has been niggling me and that seems to have been completely overwhelmed by the AN staff publicity is the plight of the staff and owners (often the same people) of the thousands of mostly "ma and pa kettle" companies which because they are unsecured got done over to the tune of around $2 billion.
Aren't these people also part of the much vaunted AN family.

To put that into context thats $2,000,000,000. or around 32,000 years of an average non AN persons income. OK.

So a bit of the $2 billion may have been big kids money but that is not the point.
The big kids money is usually a consolidation of lots of little kids money, so the knock on effect is the same. The money has gone.

Have the AN staff seriously contemplated just how much longer they remained employed as a result of the "injection" of that $2billion of funds by the AN creditors, and the gaurantee of their even earlier "retirement" had it not been avavilable and how much their own incomes may have been "subsidised" therefrom?

Those who haven't should do this before they become too overwhelmed with the exposition of sympathy for their "rights" to be paid and contemplate the consequences to all of the other members of their "unsecured family" who supported them.

I am am sure there are many many AN staff who understand and would agree with what I say, but that is not the message that I am hearing as a "non combatant."

Those who do, should make their voice heard by those who would use their plight for political and other petty gain.