PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineering Apprenticeships in UK for non-UK nationals
Old 14th Apr 2011, 19:36
mitsuboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engineering Apprenticeships in UK for non-UK nationals

Hi, I am new to the forum, and just wanted some advice.
I am from Barbados, and I really would like to become an AME. I know there are college/ university courses available both in the UK and USA which are probably easier to get into, but they cost loads of money...the exchange is rate is over 3 Barbados dollars to 1 UK pound.
As a result I would prefer apprenticeships, and since I have family in the London, it is easier for me to afford living expenses since I may not have to pay rent.
Anyway, can you recommend the best or any apprenticeship open to a non-national, and recommend the best way to go about trying to get into such a program? I've read about, and tried contacting Virgin, BA and a few others, but got no response. I would be grateful for any information about any program, but would prefer info about airlines which visit Barbados such as Virgin, BA, Monarch, Thomas Cook or Thomson so that at the end of my apprenticeship I could possibly move back home or to the Caribbean to work with the same airline
Anything is appreciated.

Thanks