PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Contact one", any one else say that?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 17:30
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final three greens
It may not be written in CAP 413 but the point I am trying in vain to make is that it is a senseless thing to do to reply that you have received a message but not actually understood it.
My good lady was in the Mil air traffic business many moons ago & when asked what roger meant her immediate reply 45yrs on was "message received & UNDERSTOOD".
Just because CAP 413 doesn't actually state in words of one sylable UN DER STOOD, does not mean that we should reply "Roger" to a burst of carrier wave static. And if that is what we are supposed to do then CAP 413 needs to be clarified.
I am talking about the SPIRIT of the "law" here, not the picky nano missing but obvious "real" meaning.
If you received a transmission "Gxx fast jet traffic on your 12oclock same height, break! break! break!" You didn't understand it but replied (with butterflies fluttering round your head) "Roger" & continued on your way.
What is the controller going to think when he sees three blips on his screen disappear?
It doesnt particularly state in my POH that this a/c should (must) not be fitted with guns. Does this mean that I can fit them?

Edit:- FlybyMike beat me to it.