PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will the pilot shortage ever happen?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 13:11
PPLPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the pilot shortage ever happen?

so, yet another post moaning about forecasts by the ever optomistic economists and FTO's telling me by the time ive finished training there will be a job waiting for me! Yeah, right.
Rather than listening to FTO's assuring me my hard earned cash ( around 80k) will secure me a job i decided to come here to get an opinion which isnt clouded by the fact they want their new porsche.
I decided to get my PPL at 16 and passed all my exams and in march i passed my check. With the licence issued im feeling incredible and want to take the plunge into the commercial life as ive always dreamed of.
GCSE: 5A* 4A 1B A* in physics & maths btw.
A level- 3A* A ( yes i know A*, introduced this year)A* in maths here.
50 hours TT with bronze gliding award, part 3 completed in the RAF and corporal rank. Yeah, i kinda like flying.
NO UNIVERSITY DEGREE!! I'm really not into going to UNI, yet more money to spend and another 3 years away from my sheepskin seat in the 737

Im looking for an honest opinion here, is it worth me going into flight training ? I would like to become a pilot, infact love! But if i am coming out of training with a huge debt, no TR, below 500 hours TT and with no chance of getting a job infront of all the FAR more experience pilots i really cant see the point in training.
Many thanks for any help, Regards,
PPLpliot.