PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coffee Break
Thread: Coffee Break
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:46
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wills invites 'mates' to wedding

L-R: Winchman Sergeant Ed Griffith, Flight Lieutenant Alan Connor, Prince William and winch operator Sergeant Paul Jones.

L-R: Flight Lieutenant Andy Doyle, Flight Lieutenant al connor, Squadron Leader Dave Taylor, Squadron Leader Iain 'spike' Wright , Flight Lieutenant Thomas Bunn, Flight Sergeant Nick Swannick, Sergeant Paul Jones, and Sergeant Keith Best.

Crew members at RAF Valley in Anglesey, where the Prince works as a search and rescue (SAR) pilot, praised him for his progress and said all 27 members of C Flight 22 had been invited to the wedding, along with their partners.

Flight Commander Iain ''Spike'' Wright, William's line manager, said he was ''dumbfounded'' when he realised he had been invited.

''I didn't expect it. It's a great honour. Then I relaxed and thought 'This is actually going to be quite good fun'.''

Flt Cdr Wright, 42, who is originally from Plymouth, added: ''The vast majority of us are going with our partners.''

Flight Lieutenant Thomas ''Sticky'' Bunn, 38, said: ''First of all I couldn't believe it. My wife certainly couldn't. When that envelope drops through the door with a Buckingham Palace stamp on it, it's not something you see every day.''
Prince William's RAF colleagues delighted at invitation to Royal wedding - Telegraph