PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa Flight Time Limitations Changes
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 10:46
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are Bob Crowe, Arthur Scargill, Jack Jones & Scanlon when you need them. There is no way any of those union bosses would have allowed such an ultimatum to be imposed so quickly on their industries, and without membership discussion and input. It is driven by finance, nothing more, certainly not safety. This is not the same argument when they dumped the FE's. Pilots then cried saftey, took the extra cash and showed their colours. Same with 2 engines. This is very different; it's not an 'extra cash will generate acceptance' issue; it really is about safety and quality of life. The 2 are intertwined. If such an issue does not create a unity amongst the various national unions, including ATC, then nothing will. Surely the unions are there to protect the industry as a whole as well as individual companies. The industry is made up of their paying members and they owe it to them to protect it. Not a head in the sand coal miners' approach, even the steel workers', both were the victims of capitalism as were many other UK manufacturers, but this is much more fundamental to the safe operation that the pax assume and is taken for granted. National parliaments have a responsibility here. They need to be made aware and a PRO-active campaign started. I'm not suitable or as capable as others, before someone volunteers me, but there are paid officials who are. Let them earn their keep.