PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 07:31
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cresswell, Dick: Not sure Dick flew for TAL. He ferried the last DH85 VH-AON to Australia in August 1958.

Chadim, A.V (Tony): Tony left TAL in the late 1950s. Last I spoke to him was thirty years ago and he was still all bent and twisted at Junior. He was working for the government in Canberra. I'm sure he would be gone by now.

Harris, Ray: Ray left TAL in the mid 1950's and joined DCA. I'm sure he passed away some years ago.

Matus, Mat: Mat was living in Cairns. (Mat and Tony Chadim carried out the first recorded aircraft hijack when they flew out of Czechoslovakia at the end of World War II.)

Nisbet, Adrian; Found this about GHOC:
NISBET, Adrian
Born Sydney 1923, died peacefully January 30, 2011.
Preceded in death by his wife Beverley, survived by Guy, Alex, Katharine and
their partners and children and by his four daughters from previous marriages.

Peacock, Noel: Pranged a Dragon at Chimbu mid 1950s and was seriously injured.

Sherwood, Bill: G'Day Bill. Long time since we spoke. Good to see you posting on PPRuNe! I think you would be the sole surviving pilot from the early TAL days?

Ironsides, John: Last heard of managing a caravan park in the UK???

McCook, Bryan: Passed away last August in Tasmania.

Sharpe, Peter J.R: Passed away.

Steenson, Eileen: I would be surprised if Eileen were still alive.

Bloxham, Scott This person was known as Scott Bloxham - was his surname Scott-Bloxham? William Scott-Bloxam.

Gibbes, Bobby: Passed away four years ago.

Henry, Graham; Did I hear something very recently about Graham?

Hoff, Heinrich: Passed away.

Holder, Ian Ian used to work for Talair Cairns. Did he work for Talair PNG?: No, Ian worked for PX in PNG. Employed as a pilot by Talair Australia and Flight West based Cairns.

Buchanan, Ron: Passed away.

Dangar, Dodi: Dodi was an accountant, not a pilot.