PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IOM Commercial Use Certificates and Fuelers/FBO's
Old 14th Apr 2011, 04:11
HS125

Location: On the right of the clowns and to the left of the jokers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr "Frank R"

No offence was meant here, hopefully a little clarification will soften the mood....

The occasions I'm referring to involve airfields where the FBO is not allowed to have their own fuel and so we have rely on airport contractors called out by the FBO. On these occasions I refer to, the driver would verbally accept the certificate, dispense the fuel and subsequently refuse to waive the tax. I consider it well within my rights, and indeed my remit to object to that most vocally.

If your location is accurate (MCO) you are lucky enough to be far away from the cesspit of bureaucracy and legislation that is the eurozone. Not only would it be pointless my producing the certificate in the first place, but if you run an FBO and adhere to honest practices (which I'm sure you do) as opposed to attempting to entrap clients to taxes and other charges retrospectively by stealth, then you have nothing to fear from such confrontations and your fuel trucks will be free to serve clients in the manner to which they are duly accustomed as opposed to forming blockades a la French Fishing Boats!

HS125