PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 00:27
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Quote from mm43:
A caution regarding the A/P and A/THR; an ACARS warning is not generated each time they suffer a manual disconnection. The warning is due to an automatic disconnection due to their operating parameters having been exceeded.

Your first sentence is correct. But my understanding (and experience on the A320) is that knocking the sidestick (possibly accidentally) produces the AP disconnect warning, and closing the throttles in A/THR produces the A/THR disconnect warning.

Quote:
There is one non F/Ctl warning timestamped at 0210, i.e. FCPC2 (2CE) WRG: ADIRU 1 BUS ADR1-2 TO FCPC2,HARD which is a systems warning, but we also have PROBE-PITOT 1X2 / 2X3 / 1X3 (9DA),HARD. What came first, the chicken or the egg??

I saw your discussion on wiring earlier, but haven't got my head around the implications yet. Are you suggesting that the ASIs might not have been giving erroneous indications? If they were, my argument stands; if there's doubt in that area, I'll need to review part of my argument. Please advise, mm43.