PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 21:57
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
tandemrotor:
So why rock the boat....
What boat? This review isn't the personal property of you, me, tuc, The MOD, or even the Mull Group. Lord Philip is investigating all aspects of this tragedy. With all due respect (and that is sincerely said) the issue of reversing the Air Marshals' infamous finding against the deceased pilots is not the only one, and indeed is not in His Lordship's power, for only the RAF can do that. The primary point of this Review is to save lives that might otherwise be lost in avoidable accidents, by repairing the systemic damage to UK Military Airworthiness that CHART was intended to do nearly 20 years ago. If it had been implemented Mull would very probably not have occurred, indeed over 60 lives lost since may well have been saved.

That is the boat that needs rocking and I applaud the attention that has been drawn to it. I am not sure which boat concerns you. If it is the Review's, I see no conflict there, for as tuc has said this was already in the public domain, though not its consciousness I suspect. If you mean the MOD's or the RAF's, and imply that by malevolent spite they will not reverse the finding come what may, then I suggest that will be par for the course, and tells you more about them than anyone who posts here.