PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 20:45
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today's move by bmibaby is in my view the first signal that the move from BFS to BHD is not yielding fruit. MAN is being cut back and at daily wont last. Message to EZY is we retreat on MAN from Belfast, a long standing route (albeit from BFS). What will EZY do? BHX will be on the radar, and why wouldnt EZY do the same as LPL, beat BE performance on BFS over BHD.

As for the routes to Europe, I feel that BHD despite how much I do like the airport, have made a mistake by choosing WW for this expansion into Europe. Why? When the first challenge appears, ie losing money on some of these routes, (note EI and EZY wont retreat in face of WW), they will then close them down and where will that leave BHD in terms of European routes?

While some might say that WW is being steered towards profitability and axing routes and bases that are not economical, to me it looks like an organisation that is in a state of disarray, 2 bases gone and very little has remained in place. EZY making a real go of MAN and WW pulling out. If they cant make MAN work, they should take a hard look at what they are all about.

EI-BUD

Last edited by EI-BUD; 13th Apr 2011 at 21:44.