PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa Flight Time Limitations Changes
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 15:13
brownstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1000 hours in 11 months

Dear Sirs
For any of you with yellow and blue tails, might I suggest that you read the FTL than are being proposed in the EU. They state that a limit of 1000 hours in any 12 months. (there is a paragraph about 900 in any Calendar year but this is superceded by the rolling 12 month rule, don't get stuck on this and miss the main point ) At the moment the 900 hours in 12 months limit translates to 900 in 11 months as pilots are forced to have a month off. So be sure that if this piece of legislation goes through you will be doing 1000 hours in 11 months. Now before you new pilots go kicking off that you don't work that much at the moment, they will never do it, I welcome the work etc, you will be missing the point. This legislation means that they CAN do this, and knowing the past history they WILL do it. The only question remains is are you going to sit there spineless and self serving with your heads turned, like fish in a net, unable to see the actual net tighten, drag you from the water and leave you flapping on the deck, by then its too late, or are you prepared to do something to not only protect your profession, but your lives and those of your passengers. For those of you who are young in the left seat, can you really see yourselves fit enough to retire at age 60/65 with possibly 42,000 hours of flying short haul 4/6 sector days. Did I mention the proposed reduction in rest also. What are YOU going to do about this, not someone else but YOU personally.