PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIBYA (Merged) Use this thread ONLY
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 12:05
outhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, am I correct in understanding that NATO will hit either side if they (NATO) consider that civilians are at risk. After viewing the developments over the last few weeks and the changes recently in the way the air activities are conducted, I feel more convinced every day that it's a lost cause and the sooner we bail out the better.*
At the onset it seemed a quick use of a seemingly open door agreement to suppress the government ground forces, allowing the rebels to advance quickly, gain an advantage, close on the primary Eastern cities and see more defections from government forces. After this a rebel force with a greater trained and equipped forces would have been able to stabilise and allow a political posturing from a position of strength.

So what went wrong, the politics took over. NATO full control and expected reduction in air activity, posturing and incision at a time when the rebel force was at it's most exposed position, *counter attack by a re vitalised government force and total retreat and confusion.*

So I guess it's all ending up in the way they want, confusion stalemate and a large bill to top up the bunkers with some new toys to use next time. (did hear on the gv that a rather well off gulf state was paying the bill, chance to update inventory then?)