PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bose A20 aviation headset
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 07:30
kingRB

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
G'day all,

just thought i'd run a problem past any other A20 owners I seem to have encountered.

Bought the A20 last week, tried it out for the first time last weekend, and was blown away at how good the headset was. It worked perfectly and exactly to spec.

Anyway today, flying a different aircraft (not that I think that should matter), I found when I activated the ENR function on the controller, it would activate, ENR would kick in, the engine sound would disappear as it usually does, and then the ENR would cut out, and turn off uncommanded.

Each time I tried to turn the ENR back on, it would do the same thing. Soon as it kicked in, it would shut off.

I eventually gave up on getting the ENR to work as I had to depart.

I tried turning it on again once in cruise, and this time it turned on and worked exactly as it should for the rest of the trip home. Worked flawlessly for the next hour or so, all the way to shut down.

I'm using brand new batteries that came with the headset from Bose, with probably all of 3 to 4 hours of use. The controller indicator light showed no low battery warning at all once it started working again.

I cant replicate the problem turning the headset on at home. ENR just turns on and remains on as it should until you turn it off.

Nothing in the troubleshooting guide in the included instructions about this either.

Written to Bose, waiting to see what their explanation is.

Anyone else had anything similar?