PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Are you accepting their offer?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 06:26
edawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The biggest problem with the loan for the TT course is the upside is probably $80k usd with the downside being 140k. In other words after the opportunity cost of presumably getting no pay for the 3 months of training, after taxes, and after paying for your training out of the loan you are left with 80k. But if you want to leave CX prior to 6yrs you are stuck with a bill for 140k? That's not right... and what about the unknowns if you lose your medical, fail a checkride, etc. I'd hate to be on the short end of that stick.

Meanwhile the other SOs will have decent places... well I'd prefer not to do the exact same job as the last guy but for far less. That's not exactly a recipe for long term happiness. Once you're on a base housing is a moot point anyways right; well throw in the expected lengthening SO upgrade times along with the unknowns regarding basings and it seems the SOs joining today will be in HKG a while. After waiting for 2.5yrs for this job it was difficult to say no, but with the expected global growth it won't be hard to find something better. It's really too bad.. I guess they could always increase the T&C for those who join today but how likely is that when the company knows you can't even afford to quit for the next 6yrs.