PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frozen ATPL but not a current IR
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2002, 13:48
Broken Wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Syed/Honest Fr@ank

I hear what Foggy is saying but I tend to agree with Splat as my situation may bear him out. I am an experienced ex-military pilot with 5000 hours BUT I lost my medical in 2000 and until last December hadn't flown for 3 years due to a personal injury accident in 1998. Regained my Class 1 (as, or with, co-pilot) last August and completed my SP-ME-IR in Jan this year and have kept current on a Seneca each month.

After nearly 12 months of submitting CV's had a call a couple of weeks ago from a company inviting me to an interview. Did a sim to bring myself further up to speed and prepared as well as I possibly could; the sim check and interview went well and last week I was offered a job. I have 34 hours flying and 17 hours simulator in the last 4 years but keeping current in the air and sim kept me sharp enough to pass the all important sim assessment.

The competition is stiff and keeping current will show that you are taking active steps to put you ahead of others and not waiting for the job to come to you.