PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Profit share forecasts
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2011, 18:01
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I havent posted on here for a long time but as I finally had a couple of days off and wasnt asleep for a change, I thought I would take a peek at the gossip.

Every year we speculate as to what we will get. Is anyone ever correct in their guesses? All I can say is, I hope we dont get much.....

Contentious statement I know but there is a reason for this.

This is not the company I joined, or should I say my contract I signed all those years ago doesnt represent the supposed contract I have now. But then Dubai isnt the place I remember from all those years ago either. Have a look at this link from an article in Vanity Fair. I had this sent to me and have to say it hits the nail on the head.

Dubai on Empty | Culture | Vanity Fair

The main thing to learn from this is that Dubai is broke. The only things making money I hear are the Ports and the Airline. Abu Dhabi want their money and this is what they will tap to get it. So all our efforts and hard work over the past 2 years are for nothing. The profits will be used to pay the debts. I am not even going to hazard a guess as to what the company will give as a bonus. All I do know is this. I have a feeling we will be hugely disappointed. I think we will be angry...... Angry because they will give us a paltry amount. It will be better than zero but nothing that represents what the company has made. The pay rise will be of a similar amount....paltry...

But thats going to start the mass exodus. For instance, has anyone looked at the seniority list recently. I look quite often at it. We have recruited over 1000 pilots in the past 3 years and yet the seniority list has only increased by about 350 in that time. Its like a bucket full of holes. 3 pilots quit today. Yeah they still get the bonus, but i think this is the first of many. I think there is a huge intake of breath as we all await the ''good news for pay and bonus'' once its announced the cabin crew will leave in droves. Pilots also. There is an arrogance in this company that everyone wants to join. Its not happening now. They have no more people from May. When they announce the paltry pay rise and bonus no one will want to join....and why would they???

Emirates you have taken my overtime payments away... you have cost me an absolute fortune. The guy that suggested it is now in a position that reports to AAR directly. He is untouchable. I hope you can sleep at night.. The majority of us are wiped out from the work patterns we are getting...This country is so expensive now that i laugh at the payrise i got last year. It wasnt enough by 20%... The company cut and cut and cut and still cut. I get less money for my layovers now than I did 10 years ago...and what happened to the pay scales... I havent had an increment rise for 3 years.

So EK, go ahead and give us your best shot. If you then dont get any people wanting to join this prestigious company, that could with a little effort could be the best job in the world, dont complain.

BUT then again, I may be wrong....