PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-700 vs -800
Thread: 737-700 vs -800
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2002, 11:24
Dehavillanddriver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
For those that are interested, and the spotters amongst us, I offer the following.

VBA- VBL - (with a few missing in the middle due to CASA stuffup.)
20K engines - CFM-50-7B20 - no winglets and a lowish takeoff weight - low 60 tonnes 144 seats

VBM - VBS CFM-7B22 (22K) winglets, High gross weight - low 70 tonnes 144 - 138 seats depending on aircraft seating types

VOA-VOD - CFM56-7B24 24K no winglets Medium (ish) gross weight - low 70 tonnes - 180 seats

VOE - CFM56-7B26 no winglets - 177 seats, 79 tonne takeoff weight, video, airshow etc

VOF - VOJ CFM56-7B26, winglets, 177 seats, 79 tonne takeoff weight - some with video, airshow etc.

Winglets save about 500 kg (on a 800) on a ML-PH flight compared to a similar thrust NON winglet aeroplane with the same takeoff weight - numbers for a 700W about the same.

26K and 22K engines are derated whenever possible with reduced thrust then used on top - this achieves the operational objective most of the time and saves on engine wear.

All NG's are PFD/ND display rather than EFIS/MAP, and even thought there is a myriad of leasing companies the pointy ends are all configured the same - the joys of software configurable displays I guess.

All of the NG's are new with the exception of 3 - the three used ones were only a couple of months old when we got them - ex Citybird in Belgium.

No announcement as yet on a direct buy aeroplane - though press reports indicate Boeing - but no real indication from head shed as yet - as they say the fat lady hasn't sung yet - or should that be the fat mademoiselle (is that how you spell it?) hasn't sung yet? I guess we will find out in the fullness of time.

Question for the QF NG drivers - are your engines 24K or 26K?