PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2011, 10:37
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please, please ,please stop calling these schemes and scams cadetships.
I agree, lets for argument sake call it the 'airline initiatives model', sounds a lot more positive than what it really is. The same pilots employed under the 'airline initiatives model' will not only remain eternally bondaged to debt (Breakfastburrito as usual is right on the money, to coin a phrase) but they will be further endebted to - An etrnally maxed out credit used to pay for food, fuel, a possible mortgage and the once a year beer. Then add to the equation the Harvey Norman 'furniture on credit' scam, Radio Rentals TV, electricity, water, rates and rego (by the way all inceasing well above and beyond the CPI, unlike there meagre salary) and you have the makings of the next generation of depressants, suiciders and fractured marriages and families.
Lets not forget that these guys are going to have to work several jobs just to put bread on the table, they will be having minimal rest breaks between shifts , but of course this won't impact safety or fatigue at all will it ?
Yep, a successful system indeed.

P.S An associate informs me that Fort Fumble has recently advertised internally for you guessed it 'CADETS' ! True story.

Last edited by gobbledock; 12th Apr 2011 at 10:39. Reason: My cup of English Breakfast had boiled.