PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LVTO: RVR reduction to 125m
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2011, 08:09
Torque2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9G with due respect if you can't refer to the same document, i.e. EU Ops, not Jeppesen Wx limits, then give up. Your last 2 postings certainly indicate that you can't be bothered. The discussion with Avenger refers to EU Ops Appendix 1 to EU Ops 1.430. What wording Jeppesen uses in a different section is of no relevance.

BOAC I appreciate your comments and no, I would not taxy at less than 125m without good indication of improving conditions. There may be a certain semantic problem however look at the amount of discussion generated after the Cork accident and theoretically there were no semantic points affecting the situation.

It is apparent that there are 2 groups here, those who interpret the regulation to include pilot assessment when it does not specifically say to do so in the paragraph of the regulations, and those who don't because it doesn't specifically say you can. If it was just an insignificant thing to operate at a lower RVR then they wouldn't have made the extra requirements and just put a footnote in Table 1 to say what was required. There is a penalty required to operate down to 125m, you can't self assess.
If first segment RVR is not available then the MidPoint is to be used.

It would be helpful to have the situation resolved.

The question refers to EU Ops (New) references, no other interpretations.

Last edited by Torque2; 12th Apr 2011 at 08:27.