PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest ATR72 Interviews
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2011, 21:03
Waghi Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What difference does the type of sim make ? Nothing ! At a guess I'd say that a large majority of their suitable applicants would have zero ATR time anyway. Good if you're an experienced F100 pilot, and current. In reality if Skywest have designed such an assessment that is reasonable (Which I'm sure they have), no one will be disadvantaged. Didn't Eastern's' once use the B767-200 sim for initial screening at one point in time ?

As far as the interview and tech quiz goes, know your CAO and AIP requirements together with all the HR BS answers, ie why do you want to work for us, etc ? Most people shouldn't have to much dramas if they are prepared.

Also if you want to do this and aren't current in instrument flying, I'd strongly suggest getting current before the sim ! Even if it's using MS flight sim. I have seen many good experienced pilots who weren't current blow their employment prospects by either crashing the sim or totally loosing it, due to not being IF current.

Good luck to all who apply, as I personally feel that this will be a good operation.

Last edited by Waghi Warrior; 11th Apr 2011 at 21:23.