PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - multiple licence programs
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2011, 16:07
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hellsbrink,

I don't have the time to sit down and write you a War & Peace novel on why life is not that simple.

With F-Secure, for example, one of the things you are paying for is multiple integrated engines in one product. That is why it has a much better detection rate and they are much quicker at responding to outbreaks.

So, to try and say that you somehow have a "better" product because you paid through the nose for it is, at best, naive and, at worst, a downright lie,
It's not naive and it's not a lie. But since you are evidently not in the mood to listen, I'm not going to explain.

I'm not saying the free stuff is abysmal and should never be used, some of it is ok.... but it will never beat the commercial stuff.

Symantec is not Norton is not Symantec, etc, etc, etc. They are the same company and, for the purposes of most of the people here, "Norton by Symantec" (indeed, many reviews state the full name as "Symantec Norton blahblahblah")
Unfortunatley you don't know what you're talking about.

Symantec's range of products for businesses is chalk and cheese from the Norton branded stuff.

It's like HP and their Compaq brand

Cisco and their Linksys brand.

NOT the same thing, no shared intellectual property or anything else.

They are not comparable. To paraphrase you, to think so is naive and to tell others that they are the same thing is a downright lie.