PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth Airport
Thread: Perth Airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2011, 02:20
Roger Sir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it true ATC gets ID travel with QF? It would appear so.............
If only!

Whilst i don`t work Perth traffic i can honestly say there is no favouritism where i practice my trade. Whatever is the easiest and most efficient for ALL is what happens day in , day out. Maestro is not a perfect tool by a long shot and asks for interesting sequences but a quick chat with the flow and a workable solution is generally available.

Separately, Airservices Australia is introducing a new gate-to-gate air traffic control program that will monitor flights between Sydney and Perth over the entire route and slow them when congestion at Perth is expected.
Ah yes. This one`s been sighted in glossy publications for a few years now but what does it mean to the average controller? Believe me, we have that many amendments to the various documents we are expected to be familiar with. It may have slipped through the net but i`m pretty sure to those of us at the coal face it`s quietly beavering away in the background adding to the other "efficiencies" emanating from YSCB. Did somebody say "ALOFT"?