PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline wages compilation
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2011, 01:01
GAFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's best to stick to base figures, as each persons personal choices such as working on day's off, number of overnights will change depending on bases and bids etc. Some are happy to work on days off and are chasing the money, while others want to be home. Some (in the case of DJ) bid for multi-day trip, while others bid for day trips. If it's kept at base figures then it's apples with apples. The base figures are fixed whereas the extra’s such as flight pay, overnight allowances, overtime are all variable and are subject to change by the individual or company (rostering etc).

I think one of the purposes of this thread is to compare wages between the airlines (and large GA companies) operating similar size aircraft and I think already we have seen some big differences and in some cases some very low wages for the size of the aircraft. It’s not about who took home the most.

GG,

Not all EBA's or the full EBA is available via the AFAP, Network for example has the EBA, but the pay figures have been removed.

Last edited by GAFA; 11th Apr 2011 at 01:12.