PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Toxic' cabin air found in new plane study - Telegraph
Old 10th Apr 2011, 19:42
Dream Buster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cause and effect

JW411,

Doubtless you are aware of the visible oil fumes that many 146 pilots repeatedly breathed and know CAUSED their ill serious health - the EFFECT?

We also know that it only affects about 30% of people seriously. This is known science.

I met a top lawyer (who also happens to contest the cause and effect of breathing toxic oil fumes) recently at my house and within minutes he was in tears and had serious respiratory problems. He went to bed very early - by the morning he was in even worse shape and considered going to A&E. He was the only one affected.

The CAUSE? - I have 3 cats and he was allergic to them.

So, whilst I am delighted that you personally have not been affected (yet), could you please understand that everybody has different genes, has had different exposures and experiences different EFFECTS depending on the CAUSE.

http://www.aerotoxic.org/download/do...006.pdf#page=3

Here is a paper from UCL (University College London) which reports that in 2004 OVER 196,000 UK Passengers a year could be presenting their symptoms of acute toxicity to their GP's - who incredibly, are STILL not told that OP's are in the engine oil that their patients regularly breathe. Page 523.

How many aircrew? Do you really think anybody actually cares?

Whatever i$ it about thi$ $ubject, which make$ a $imple cau$al link - $o di££icult?

It would be great if everybody was like you JW411 - but sadly many of my good mates are dying prematurely now and many of us know - exactly why.

Just out of interest - are you allergic to anything? Do you recognise allergies?

Why & how could this be......all made up?

Anybody (especially BALPA members - as we are not allowed to advertise in The Log) wanting to know more should visit: Aerotoxic Association - Support for sufferers of Aerotoxic Syndrome

Rant over, apologies...

DB