PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2011, 19:19
MrFrost81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently at the college at Hurn and if you aren't already aware, NATS is moving the college from Bournemouth Airport to the Corporate and Technical Centre (CTC) in Whiteley as of August 2011. They have stopped trainee intake until after this data because the courses wouldn't have time to finish before the move. We are the last course that's going to graduate from Hurn assuming we all pass. They have also been doing a hell of a lot of work modifying course to keep them in line with the SESAR (Single European Sky) initiative from Eurocontrol and to satisfy EU law. Our aerodrome course is the 1st of the new format as well, subsequent courses will get the same as us providing it gets CAA certification, so that's just a couple of reasons intake has been suspended. Anyone joining after August be assured, the new college at CTC is absolutely state of the art. NATS has spent about £3m on the new sims there. We're getting to test them out next month
@ AS1988
Thanks very much for this news. I, for one, was not aware of this and I'm sure I would've remained ignorant had you not mentioned it.
I can't find any official announcements but it does explain why they stopped taking applications this year.
If your class was the last intake (January) and there isn't another until August then it's fair to assume that the next intake or two will be very popular.
If you, or anyone else, (an HR rep maybe) can provide any further details now or in the future then please do. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this relevent to their interests.
Thanks again. Have fun with the sims and good luck with the rest of your course.

@ Giuseppe G.
We were given scrap paper before our arithmetic test, however, you'll be at Fareham while I was at Prestwick so it may be different.
Not to worry though. For both the Motivational test and arithmetic the answer sheet is blank on the reverse side. Flip the page, instant scrap paper.
This was handy because they didn't hand out the scrap paper until after the Motivational and there were a couple quick math questions slotted in there.

Good luck.