PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shooting on Royal Navy Sub
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2011, 16:44
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lookingnorth
But, sir, but but... the rozzers have the boat and "have not released it to the MoD" as per the news story previously linked to. Seems to be firmly out of service to me if it's in the charge of the cops and that is what I find so astonishing.
Hi Lookingnorth,
I am very aware of the comments made by KF and hopefully I am not coming across as being argumentative?

The submarine has NOT been seized by the police, they have not taken possession of the boat and as long as the vessel is fit for sea, then she is free to go wherever and whenever she pleases. could you please post any link that corroborates your statement?

Certain areas of the boat are indeed a crime scene and I have no idea how many hours the police will need to carry out the detailed forensic investigation, but if the boat has to go to sea, then to sea it will go. If the investigation has not been completed then there will simply be a few extra folks onboard that will carry on with that task.

The same procedures would apply if this incident had occured inside an RAF aircraft.