PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2011, 16:37
promani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meanwhile back on AF447

Meanwhile back on board AF447..........I am so curious as to know what reasons are there for a very experienced flight crew to not have followed normal procedures. Some questions that drivers may be able to enlighten us on.
1. Twice Recife had to correct crew on confirmation of HF fequencies, minor errors they may be. Casual responses by crew, or distracted?
2 Crew did not respond to ACC-AO request for Tasil estimate. (One reason given in previous thread was that some crews switch to new frequency early)
3. and why did they fly into the Cbs in the first place? AF Inflight procedures state that radar watch is obligatory on all flights, except day time with good vis.
4. Providing the crew were not incapacitated,
a) can it be assumed that they were too complacent?
b) why did the Captain leave the FD for his nap (assuming he did) when the flight was heading for the ITCZ? Was it a case of 'okay guys I am obliged to take a rest now. Good luck at the ITCZ'? I would have thought he could have waited until after. But procedures have to be followed I suppose.
c) and how about this scenario. Did the remaining two crew have a visitor after the Captain had gone to the crew rest, say an FA? I know that happens some times. It is a long boring flight. While the Captain's away,the flight crew will play?
These were very experienced crew, especially the FO in the RH seat with 39 rotations on the SA sector. Very well aware of the ITCZ they were.
I am not making any accusations, unlike the French magistrate. Just getting things back in line with this thread.