PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Aviation Vacancy Information
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2011, 10:54
av8r76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enshrined in ICAO. Yes in the real world. This is India. This is bizarro world.

Over 150 souls perished in Mangalore. We got a half assed farce of an accident report which glossed over the real issues and causal factors. Have any of the victims and their families actually objected and questioned this report? This accident was caused by a plethora of systemic flaws which culminated in that unfortunate unstable approach.

Expats repeatedly say that only a smoking hole will wake these guys up. Guess what, we have had our smoking hole and nothing has changed. These people are self serving heartless autocrats who exist primarily to line their pockets. I again say what I said before. There is no transparency and accountability.

We will have more of these accidents, unfortunately, and still nothing will change. I can guarantee you one thing, outside looking in, none of these influential kids are gonna upset the apple cart and jeopardise their chance of employment. No one wants a rabble rouser even if the rousing is for the collective good. It's murky out here, trust me.

If this sounds defeatist, well, it is. The system is subversive and undermines any improvement, both from within and out. It's crazy alright. If you guys are truly amazed by what ails us then how is it that the FAA auditors didn't really tighten the screws on these guys? It is quite obvious we do not have the intestinal fortitude to shake up the system, well what was the FAA doing? If it is that obvious to the rest of the world then here was a chance to send the DGCA a loud and clear message.